The Seven Realities of Meher Baba’s Teaching
EXISTENCE, LOVE, SACRIFICE, RENUNCIATION,
KNOWLEDGE, CONTROL AND SURRENDER
Meher Baba’s teaching gives no importance to creed, dogma, caste or the performance of religious ceremonies and rites, but does to the UNDERSTANDING of the following seven Realities:
- The only Real Existence is that of the One and only God Who is the Self in every (finite) self.
- The only Real Love is the Love for this Infinity (God), which arouses an intense longing to see, know and become one with its Truth (God).
- The only Real Sacrifice is that in which, in pursuance of this Love, all things—body, mind, position, welfare and even life itself—are sacrificed.
- The only Real Renunciation is that which abandons, even in the midst of worldly duties, all selfish thoughts and desires.
- The only Real Knowledge is the Knowledge that God is the inner dweller in good people and in so-called bad, in saint and in so-called sinner. This Knowledge requires you to help all equally as circumstances demand without expectation of reward, and when compelled to take part in a dispute, to act without the slightest trace of enmity or hatred; to try to make